Before we begin, what is ganache?
ga·nache (ɡəˈnaSH/): a glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.
If you have ever enjoyed a ChocXO truffle or ChocXO chocolate drink, you have tried ganache. This magic combination of chocolate and cream is undeniably delicious and easy to make.
Our recipe will teach you to make your own ganache at home. Store it in the fridge for up to a week, but we don''t think it will last that long. Add it to your coffee, use it to make your own killer hot chocolate, or just eat it with a spoon. The last one is our personal favorite.
Ingredients and supplies:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (the better quality cream, the better tasting the ganache)
- 25 ChocXO Organic 37% Milk Chocolate 40G Bars broken into small pieces
- 1 whisk
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 5 - 10 mason jars for storage (depending on the size)
- Heat up 2 cups heavy cream over medium/high heat until steaming. Make sure to stir the milk to avoid scalding or burning.
- When milk is ready, pour heavy cream over the chocolate.
- Let sit for a moment. The ChocXO trick is to take that time to wash the pot where the milk was heated-- easier to wipe clean while it's still warm!
- Whisk, whisk, whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the product into mason jars and store in the fridge.
Tips & Tricks
- The magic of ganache is that you can make it your own. Want a softer ganache? Add more cream. Want something more stable? Add more chocolate. Play around and figure out what you like.
- Ganache will solidify in the fridge. Scoop some out, zap it in the microwave, and use it to drip fresh fruit.
- To make a ChocXO style hot chocolate, combine 4 oz ganache with 12 oz steamed milk. You can also make a cold version for the best chocolate milk... ever.